Summer Cannabis Cocktail Series Part 1Continue reading
Our buddies in Bend have been making this potent ginger brew for years. Now their crowd-pleasing brew with bite is back on the market in slick new packaging and three levels of potency 3 mg, 10 mg, and 25 mg. Our go-to mixer of the moment.
Made with cold pressed ginger, Magic Number is a total treat for the senses. Fizzy and sweet with a fresh ginger bite and the added benefit of THC. The ideal social drink for those avoiding alcohol or switching things up between cocktails. Fun on its own or in place of the Ginger beer in a Moscow Mule, lately we’ve been enjoying it with Prosecco and OJ for Mile High Mimosas. Conveniently available in three strengths, 3, 10, or 25 mg of THC per bottle.
HOW ITS MADE
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Yields: Makes around 3 drinks
– Orange Juice (high pulp preferred)
– 1 Bottle Drink Magic Number Ginger Beer (We used the 25mg)
– Non-Alcoholic Sparkling Wine or Prosecco (you know which one we used)
– Orange & Lime for Garnish
– Ten Four Farm’s Mimosa Flower (for pairing)
– Pour orange juice 1/3 of the way up the champagne glass. Top with another 1/3 of the Drink Magic – Number Ginger Beer and then top with Prosecco or Champagne. Garnish with limes and orange slices.
– Pair with a joint or freshly packed bowl of Ten Four Farms Mimosa flowers. We choose Mimosa for this pairing.
– Enjoy with a loved one or friends!
Warm summer nights should be filled with chill conversations at backyard barbecues, while having friendly joint rolling competitions around a homemade bonfire. When summertime hits and those humid days start to get to you, how can you pass up a refreshing cup of iced tea or lemonade? Now that it’s mid July and it’s starting to heat up; this cannabis enhanced drink would be great addition to burger fresh off the grill or as a midday thirst quencher. All you’re barbecuing buddies will be begging for another pitcher after they get a taste of this tantalizing grilled peach tea!
We’ve all been patiently waiting to make this cannabis infused grilled peach and basil Arnold Palmer; with all the proper ingredients we think it’ll get two thumbs up from the Green Box team. Sip it while sunbathing by the pool or stash it in your canteen for a kayaking adventure. Just like Arnold, regular iced tea can get a bit boring and bland. By mixing it up a little and adding a few new ingredients, we can turn our cannabis concoction into a traditional summertime recipe.
Grilled Peach and Basil Arnold Palmer
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes + time to chill in the fridge
Yields: Makes around 6 cups
- 2 peaches, cut into wedges
- 5-6 cups water
- 5 Bud Brother’s Apothecary Buddha’s Berry or Enlightened Apricot tea bags
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Hive honey
- zest from 1 lemon
Preheat the grill to high heat.
Grill the peaches until soft and caramelized, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from the grill.
Bring two cups of water to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the tea bags + basil. Cover and steep for 10 minutes. Strain the tea into a pitcher. Discard the tea bags and basil.
Meanwhile, place the grilled peaches and lemon juice in a blender and blend until completely smooth. If desired, you can strain the mixture through a thin kitchen cloth to remove the pulp. Just make sure to squeeze all the juice out.
To the pitcher with the basil tea, add the remaining 3 cups cold water, the peach/lemon mixture, the honey, lemon zest and bourbon (if using). Place in the fridge and chill until cold, at least one hour. Taste, if too sweet add another cup of cold water or more ice cubes.
Serve over ice and garnish with grilled peaches, basil and lemons if desired. Enjoy!